I'll admit it, thrift shopping for streetwear and high-fashion can be difficult at times, but it doesn't have to be. I created an easy to follow guide on how to find premium streetwear and high-fashion at the thrift.
Step #1 - Do Your Research
Find 10+ In Demand Fashion Brands
I browse 6 websites (listings/ news/ forums) when searching for in demand high-fashion and streetwear worth thrifting. Comment on any helpful sites you frequent.
Step #2 - Thrift Shopping Techniques
In Store Thrift Shopping
1. Google search for specialized/ regular thrift stores in your county's top five affluent towns, call them for information on their restock/ discount days, then make your way to the first thrift store.
2. Avoid dreading over finding high-fashion and streetwear brands in endless clothing racks by pushing all the clothing on the rack (yes, every last garment) to the left. You now created adequate visibility for each garment you will be sliding to the right.
3. Keep your eye at the top of each garment (pants depend on how it's hung on the clothing rack) where the tag is located so you can readily see the brand logo/ text.
4. You can sift through clothing racks in under two minutes by using your left hand to quickly slide unwanted brands to the right, only stopping at in demand fashion brands.
5. Place your thrifted high-fashion and streetwear brands into a shopping cart for later inspection.
6. Go through each garment in your shopping cart looking for any holes, rips, or stains, make your purchase(s), then head to the next thrift store (repeat steps 2-6).
Online Thrift Shopping
1. Use Google search syntax, men + "insert fashion brand here" + thrift clothing, for a curated clothing list of Google indexed webpages. If you don't find any reasonably priced streetwear or high-fashion brands, then visit the online thrift stores I listed below. Be sure to sign-up to each respective online thrift store for discounts/ deals they include within their newsletters. Comment on any helpful sites you frequent.
An explorer of men's fashion with inquisitive eyes, born and raised in Lakeview, Long Island. My inspiration comes from nature, city streets and the world wide web. Catch me in a local thrift/consignment store near you.
For all inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org